Tuesday, June 25, 2013

ECHO Creative Club Reveal

I was so excited to once again participate in the Echo Creative club. Thank You to Jeannie who organizes it all and mails us her fabulous beads and pendants to work with on her own dime.  How lucky are we?!  My last post was a preview of the bead that Jeannie K Dukic sent me for this month's ECHO Creative Club Design Challenge. If you missed that post, here is the bead she sent me.

It is a pretty green gin blossom pendant. She has a ton of other ones in all sorts of colors, but my favorite of her new ones are the patina'd versions. Check them out by looking at her SHOP.

So I decided on using Leather Cord with this one. I'm kind of on a leather kick right now, and it felt more organic than chain, which I just wasn't feeling with this one. I boldly opted for a dark emerald green color, and green beads...yeah I went there. Consider me Irish. Here is what I ended up with:




I know its really green...if I redid it I'd probably try a bronze shade leather instead, but that's ok, its a perfect necklace for St. Patrick's day and any day for someone like my sister, who is a true redhead and wears green a lot. Maybe this will end up being a future gift for her. : )   
Thanks for checking out my piece and be sure to visit the other participants:




14 comments:

  1. I LOVE green and I LOVE this and it would look perfect on a redhead. That's what I love about the Gin Blossoms, they're very versatile and can be paired with anything. This would look great with bronze too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are versatile indeed, great for bracelets too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is pretty! Great design...and I love all that green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Bright and bold is what's going for this summer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love green! This is a wonderful necklace for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like the green leather and how it turned out - I think it's just lovely! Very summer,...and Irish, too I suppose!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful green! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how this came out - I don't think it is too much green. I like the green leather! The crystals add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly love it just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mono-color designs, and the deep emerald in the cord is just perfect against Jeannie's gin blossom. I love her gin blossoms - she sent me the turquoise and chocolate one last year and hubby almost bit into it, thinking it's a chocolate mint bloom :)
    Your necklace is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally cool! I LOVE the colorway - beautiful and rich. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's green and gorgeous! I love what you made with Jeannie's gin blossom pendant.

    ReplyDelete