Saturday, September 10, 2011

You can find my jewelry where?

Back in January when I opened my artfire account, I signed up for the pro account, which costs $10 a month. I told myself that I would give it a year, but I've just about decided to throw in the towel early. Granted I haven't devoted as much time and effort into it as I have over at etsy, but I have at least had 10 sales since Feb on my etsy store, but I have had 0 at artfire - where I'm spending more money every month! Sorry artfire, I guess my product isn't really compatible with the shoppers.  

Meanwhile, I was told yesterday that someone working in a local, privately owned pharmacy spotted a pair of earrings on a friend of mine and inquired about them, and after looking at it closely, they asked her to bring me, my cards, and a few pairs in so they could sell them. With Reflections salon interested too, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a market for these here in town. I really need to figure out my pricing point on them and make sure its fair to me while including whatever their markup will be, probaby at least 25%.  I have not had to mark anything up yet since I sell everything myself or on my online store, so all of my prices have been wholesale, nothing more than a dollar above it at most, so if I begin selling these in retail shops, I will also have to mark them up on my site and at shows, because I can't undermine the retail shops promoting my jewelry. Point is...if you want some butterfly earrings, get them now because the prices are probably going up by about 25% here very soon! I have already begun accepting Christmas orders. In fact I have a custom necklace to design and execute and at least 6 pairs of butterfly earrings, and its only September! If you place your orders now, you will get the prices that are in effect now as well...food for thought! : )


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica

    I came across your blog after seeing that you were featured on the Vintaj blog (well done!) Your work is beautiful and I love the honesty in this post. A lot of people don't realise that pricing is a mine field! x

    ReplyDelete